Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Memory Lane

So Saturday night was Girls Night! There were many girls interested in my plans for an old school roller skating night but unfortunatley many were busy. All in all eleven of us laced up and had a blast.... well all but one!

I picked up three of the girls and drove about an hour to the city where the roller rink was. We found a quaint little authentic italian restaurant to have dinner before the fun began. It was very busy so we found a spot at the bar an enjoyed a Bacardi Ras Mojito. MMmmmm is all I have to say. Once we finished our drinks our table was ready and in true italian style we had a meal to die for. I am an advide olive lover and drooled over the array of olives on my olive platter appetizer. Almost as yummy as my fettucini!

After dinner we made our way to the roller rink to hook up with the other girls. We all laced up some old school roller skates, right down to the orange rental wheels! Let me tell you once I had them on a little bit of fear came over me but soon was gone. I seriously forgot how heavy the darn things were. The place was a bit of a dive but we made the best of it and the 80's tunes seriously helped. There was a big groups (about 30) who were all dressed in 80's costumes for a birthday party, which helped make the night even more fun. Without the group the place would have been very empty.

I must say the night brought back so many memories, from the music, the roller skates, the clothes, right down to the songs for couples only. We had many a laugh and no one fell.... mind you one girl put her skates on...crawled to the closest chair and sat the entire night. lol

All in all is was another great girls night!

Now the plans are what to do for the next??? Any suggestions???

Cheer!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!! I once decided that I would roller skate (as a child I was quite the roller skater!) So my hubby jumped at the idea with me. As soon as we put those things on and stood up we were scared! We began making excuses such as If I fall, Im much taller now It will be a harder fall and we look dumb trying to skate we are no longer children! In reality though we could no longer skate! I guess that saying once something is learned well you never forget it, Does not apply to us! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete